PLOS Global Public Health Year in Review
2022 was a year of growth following the launch of PLOS Global Public Health. We published new and noteworthy research as we continue to build this home for public health research. Discover journal updates, explore new offerings, and more below.
* Data sourced from Dimensions. as of December, 2022
* * Mentions; Across web, social media, and news outlets worldwide. Data sourced from Altmetrics
In 2022, PLOS Global Public Health articles were referenced over 16,606 times by media outlets around the world. Explore articles that made the news:
Ready to share your study with a wider audience?
Help more people read, see, and cite your published research with our Author Media Toolkit
This year, we continued to receive and publish the latest research in global public health. Read noteworthy articles from 2022:
- Monitoring progress towards elimination of hepatitis B and C in the EU/EEA
- The impact of long-term conditions on disability-free life expectancy: A systematic review
- Gender-based violence and depressive symptoms among female entertainment workers in Cambodia: A cross-sectional study
- Perceived stress and hair cortisol concentration in a study of Mexican and Icelandic women
Want more research from the journal?
Visit our homepage for the latest studies from the PLOS Global Public Health community.
PLOS Global Public Health joined the other PLOS journals publishing health research in giving submitting authors the option to have their manuscript forwarded to medRxiv to be considered for posting as a preprint. In offering this free service, we aim to make preprint posting simple and easy, giving researchers more flexibility in how they choose to communicate their science.
Our solutions to eliminate APCs
Open Access is not truly open without easy and equitable opportunities to publish. To support authors of all research communities, funding backgrounds, and institutional requirements, all PLOS journals offer APC-alternative business models through institutional partnerships.
Check if your institution is partnering with us and see if you can submit your research to PLOS Global Public Health without paying APCs.
Want more updates from PLOS Global Public Health?
Ready to share new research in 2023?