PLOS (Public Library of Science) is a nonprofit Open Access publisher, empowering researchers to accelerate progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication.
Our suite of journals – PLOS Biology, PLOS Climate, PLOS Complex Systems, PLOS Computational Biology, PLOS Digital Health, PLOS Genetics, PLOS Global Public Health, PLOS Medicine, PLOS Mental Health, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, PLOS ONE, PLOS Pathogens, PLOS Sustainability and Transformation and PLOS Water – publish rigorously peer-reviewed research articles together with expert commentary and analysis. All articles are Open Access to share science with the widest possible audience.
Broad visibility and openness help researchers, funders, policymakers, and the general public connect to science and realize its potential.
38 Articles covered*
47 Articles covered*
42 Articles covered*
18 Articles covered*
37 Articles covered*
19 Articles covered*
25 Articles covered*
24 Articles covered*
85 Articles covered*
61 Articles covered*
51 Articles covered*
*articles covered in 2020
The following resources from the Official PLOS Blog showcase PLOS’ recent activities.
- PLOS Provides Feedback on the Implementation of Plan S
- PLOS Receives Meritorious Achievement Award from the Council of Science Editors
- Published Peer Review (community comments)
- You’ve completed your review – now get credit with ORCID
- Redefining standards in image data reporting: A new policy at PLOS ONE and PLOS Biology requires raw blot and gel image data
- Partnering to Streamline Review
- Opening Peer Review Options for Recognition, Credit, and Accountability
- Building Trust to Breakdown Barriers
- Preregistration can bring Science back to its Roots
- Building the Foundation for Future Research Through Open Data Code and Protocols